“running with purpose”
“coastalfunruns” is a series of annual low cost, low key coastal fun running community events held in South Australia
Proudly supporting BRAVEHEARTS & the Australian Cancer Research Foundation (ACRF)
“A rope’s strength comes from all the individual strands working together.”
– Team Braverunner
A note for our running events in the immediate future due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
- ACRF Virtual Run – (now until March 31st) – no change.
- coastalfunruns VIRTUAL RUN – (April & May) – no change.
- Easter Coastal BUNNY RUN – (April 10th & 11th) – All distances to be run as a virtual event. The exception is the 42.2km marathon distance which will be explained below.
- Coastal 42 – (April 26th) – 42.2km marathon distance explained below.
- ROADRUNNER Coastal – (May 10th) – All distances to be run as a virtual event.
- Coastal GLOW RUN – (May 15th) – To be run as a virtual event – either before sunrise or after sunset so we can see the glow in any pictures you upload to the event page.
- BRAVERUNNER Coastal – (May 31st) – All distances to be run as a virtual event. The exception is the 42.2km marathon distance which will be explained below.
- LeFevre Coastal Running Festival – (June 8th) – All distances to be run as a virtual event. The exception is the 42.2km marathon distance which will be explained below.
The one thing we can still do in these hard times is continue to RUN
The marathon must be run on the actual event date between the hours of 12:01am – 11:59pm.
You must run the exact course and direction as set out on each event page.
You must upload proof of your run and time either via Garmin, Strava or the like to the actual event page within 3 days of the event date.
Your uploaded time must show “actual time” and not “moving time” (you will have to adjust your watches or phones accordingly.
Your run will be self supported with no aid station available.
You must start the marathon alone and not in the company of other runners.
You must observe all other social distancing rules that are in place.
Your run will not be included as official without meeting all the above requirements.
Any marathon run after June 8th will revert back to the original rules in place.